The Tuesday afternoon institute seminar is a kind of weekly family meeting, where different issues of our institute are discussed and presented. Like in all family meetings, its structure may change with time, but the purpose is always the same - bringing together the sometimes diverging but more often unanimous trends within a family - in this case the family of physical chemistry oriented thinkers and practitioners at Goettingen University.
Here is the current monthly structure (Tuesdays, 4.15PM, top floor, regularly in the lecture period, but extensions into the spring and summer breaks are possible):
Timeslot for a discussion meeting of all independent teachers (Dozentenrunde), where the future teaching program, but also any other practical, financial and organizational issues (finally to be decided by the board of the institute), are addressed.
Timeslot for short (20'+10') master student talks reporting on their IPC-Praktikum, where they have spent at least 140h in one of the institute laboratories, carrying out research which may lead to a subsequent masters thesis, on the basis of a full bachelors education and nearly complete masters studies. This is a wonderful occasion for all institute members to learn first-hand about some of the ongoing work in other (and their own) group from first-time practitioners. External research within a graded PC-Praktikum can also be reported.
Timeslot for short talks by PhD students and others (from just-finished master student to retired professor, in some cases also external visitors who do not fit into the schedule of the Physikalisch-Chemisches Kolloquium). This is a prime opportunity to get to know some of the recent research highlights within the institute, to hear some wrap-ups before defending a thesis, etc.. Not more than 1-2 talks (typically in English language) per year from each group are necessary to fill the available slots.
Tentative program for the summer term 2015 (SoSe 2015)
- 14.04.15 Dozentenrunde
- 21.04.15 Bastian Krüger (Wodtke group) "Highly vibrationally excited NO/Au(111) surface scattering Can we control it?" (Progress report)
- 28.04.15 Oswald/Dietz (IPC-Praktikum)
- 26.05.15 Meyer/Deinert (PC/IPC-Praktikum)
- 02.06.15 Dozentenrunde
- 09.06.15 Fabian Ziegler (Eckold group) "TBA" (Progress report)
- 30.06.15 Liu/Meyer/Gottschalk (IPC-Praktikum)
- 28.07.15 IPC/PC-Praktikum
- 17.11.15 Christoph Dierking (Zeuch group) "The Photoionization Spectrum of Sodium Doped Water Clusters" (Progress report)
- 14.10.14 Tomica Hrenar (Mata guest) "Conformational and Vibrational Analysis of Cyclic and Non-cyclic Molecules"
- 11.11.14 Matthias Heger (Suhm group) "Anharmonicity and the Hydrogen Bond" (Progress report)
- 25.11.14 Savic/Bejenke (IPC/PC-Praktikum)
- 02.12.14 Dozentenrunde
- 20.01.15 Thorsten Teuteberg (Mata group) "A converged QM/MM model for the calculation of molecular crystals" (Progress report)
- 27.01.15 Oswald (PC-Praktikum)
- 03.02.15 Dozentenrunde
- 17.02.15 Julia Möhrke (Vana group) "Terminierungskinetik von oberflächengebundenen Radikalen" (Progress report)
- 24.02.15 Auth/Poblotzki (PC/IPC-Praktikum)
- 29.04.14 Bejenke/Stein (IPC-Praktikum)
- 06.05.14 Dozentenrunde
- 20.05.14 Jan-Hendrik Schütz (Vana group) "Bioinspirierte Titin-analoge Polymere" (Progress report)
- 24.06.14 Tolk (IPC-Praktikum)
- 08.07.14 Dan Engelhart (Wodtke group) "Controlling Electron Transfer from Metal Surfaces on the Atomic Scale" (Progress report)
- 22.07.14 Dozentenrunde
- 30.09.14 Paulikat/Wagner (IPC-Praktikum)
- 12.11.13 Nils Lüttschwager (Suhm group) "Folding and stretching of alkanes in supersonic jets" (Progress report)
- 26.11.13 Dierking/Schröder (IPC-Praktikum)
- 03.12.13 Gregor Diezemann (Janshoff guest) "Dynamics of hydrogen bond networks in supramolecular structures studied by force probe molecular dynamics simulations"
- 10.12.13 João Oliveira (Mata group) "Application of local second-order Møller-Plesset perturbation theory to the study of biomolecules in solution" (Progress report)
- 17.12.13 Christopher Stein (Botschwina group) "Theoretical Rovibrational Spectroscopy Beyond fc-CCSD(T)" (Progress report)
- 21.01.14 Ron Hoffmann (Eckold group) "Kinetische Studien mit dem neuen Multiplexsystem am PUMA-Spektrometer" (Progress report)
- 25.02.14 Stein/Feldt (PC/IPC-Praktikum)
- 25.03.14 Heise/Vache (IPC-Praktikum)